Venue: Strathclyde Country Park
Location: Motherwell, south east of Glasgow
Dates of competitions: 24 and 26 July 2014
The venue will open to spectators 90 minutes before each session begins. Spectators are reminded that they should allow extra time to enter the venue as security checks for all spectators will take place upon entry.
The transport network around the park will be extremely busy particularly at the beginning and end of sessions. Please allow plenty of time for your journey and follow any travel advice you are given on the day of your event.
Travel routes and options will be different to those of non-Games Time so if you have previously visited Strathclyde Country Park, please check your usual method of travel is still available and follow Games Time advice.
Hints and Tips:
- Come and enjoy the buzz and excitement of Scotland’s biggest sporting and cultural festival. With up to one million Games spectators expected in the city along with a further 400,000 others there to enjoy Festival 2014 and other activities.
- There is no parking at Strathclyde Country Park, with the exception of a limited number of spaces for Blue Badge holders who must book in advance.
- On-street parking in the area surrounding Strathclyde Country Park is restricted for use by residents and businesses only. There are no set-down/pick-up areas for private vehicles.
- Public transport and provisions for walkers and cyclists will be enhanced throughout Glasgow during Games Time.
- On the day for which it is valid, your event ticket will entitle you to access ScotRail services, Subway services (in Glasgow) and many bus services in the local area. In Glasgow this includes services within the G1 to G8 Zones of the SPT Zonecard, with an extension for Triathlon spectators. Details are available in our Public Transport section.
- If you have to drive, there are a limited number of spaces at Park and Ride sites serving some venues, but please book early as spaces are limited and you will not find a space on the day. This is a chargeable service.
- Glasgow will be busy, to minimise delays and disruption to your journey at Games Time, you are advised to plan ahead and allow plenty of time for travelling.
- Plan your journey using the new version of the Traveline Scotland App.